Five Secrets To Writing Great Copy
There are 5 major components to good advertising copy and the order of these is essential to success!
• Command Attention
• Showcase the benefits of your Products or Services
• Prove the Benefits
• Persuade People to Embrace the Benefits
• And finally, use a Call to Action – ask the customer to DO something right then!
Advertising is sales in print. So, you need to think about the unique benefits your products or services offer and showcase that in a persuasive way. You need to emphasize results, not features.
Let’s take a minute to talk about each of these components:
1. The first thing you must do is get the Attention of you customer! This is usually accomplished with the headline. You need an attention-getting headline that makes people want to know more about your product or service. The best headlines give you the benefits or show how a problem can be avoided by using your products or services. The headline is the advertisement for the advertisement.
2. You MUST showcase Benefits: You have to showcase the benefits of your products and services and, more importantly, show how they will solve or prevent a problem. It needs to answer the customer’s question: “What’s in it for me?” Be sure to include useful, factual and clear information to show precisely what the benefits are and how they are going to help the customer.
3. Next you need to offer proof. You must establish that you’ll deliver on your promises. The proof you use should establish credibility and show your past accomplishments.
4. Once that is all done you need to persuade your potential customers. You’ll need to add compelling reasons for your potential customers to purchase your products or services. At this point, I suggest using a hard sell approach and creating scarcity. This will make your potential customers feel like they have to act now, which leads into the last component.
5. The last component is a Call to Action. You need to compel your potential customers to DO something. You need to tell them what to DO. It may be that you want them to check out your site, sign up for your newsletter, purchase your products, contact you about services…something. Offer them a freebie – a free report, a sample, a product, a bonus, a demo, a consult, limited time pricing…the list goes on. There are lots of ways to get potential customers excited about ordering and help them feel like they are getting an amazing deal.
Good advertisements include all of these components and are not complete without any of them. You can sit down and think through any one of these components, then figure out how to put them together for the most effective response. We can help you with this, too. Try our FREE test drive to learn how to put together great ads. For more information and your free test drive, go to www.profitcatapultbusinessschool.com!